I’ve been trying to find some more blogs to add to my usual list of stuff to read, and it’s really being difficult. Perhaps I’m just picky, but really? Don’t wanna. So here’s a quick list of advice for the bloggers of the world.
- Don’t use sans-serif fonts. They’re harder to read.
- If your entries are in italics, I will not read them.
- I really don’t want to hear about your close personal relationship with Jesus*.
- No, I do not want a picture of what you made for lunch today.
- Your kids and your cats are cute, but they aren’t what your blog is about.
- Exclamation points should be used very sparingly. Averaging one per post is too much.
- For the love of all that is holy, make the actual entry part of your page more than 2 inches wide. Your sidebars are nice, but they aren’t what I’m there for.
*: I don’t want to hear about it with Buddha, Allah, Thoth or Ameterasu either, but they tend not to hang out in needlework blogs, for some reason.